Laravel is one of the most popular PHP frameworks in use today. It is known for its ease of use, speed, and robustness. However, even with all these benefits, there are times when you need a little extra help to get the job done.
That's where first-party packages come in. These packages are created by the core development team behind Laravel and provide everything you need to build an amazing application quickly and easily.
These four first-party packages make it easy to build user interfaces and generate dynamic web pages with ease and speed. With these tools at your disposal, there will be no stopping the power of Laravel!
In this piece, we will take a look at four packages that will make your life easier and speed up the process of creating new web apps.
The 4 Best Laravel Packages for Building Web Apps
We'll be looking at these packages:
- LaravelUI: This package provides a quick way to scaffold all of the pages you need for your application using bootstrap templates. It's perfect for getting started with a new project or prototyping an idea.
- Jetstream: This is a beautiful UI package for Laravel that comes with pre-built authentication, registration, and password reset forms, as well as profile management and two-factor authentication. It's perfect for building user-friendly applications.
- Breeze: This is a simple, yet powerful package that provides scaffolding for all of the pages you need for authentication. It also includes simple to use APIs for managing users, roles, and permissions.
- Fortify: This package provides a complete authentication system for Laravel. It includes registration, login, password reset, email verification, and two-factor authentication. It's perfect for building secure applications.
LaravelUI provides an easy way to create beautiful user interfaces using Bootstrap, Vue, and React.
It also includes authentication scaffolding so you can get up and running quickly.
Features of LaravelUI
LaravelUI provides a number of features that make it easy to create beautiful user interfaces. These include:
- Create beautiful, responsive user interfaces quickly and easily
- Build applications that look amazing and are responsive on any device
- Use of Bootstrap, Vue, and React for creating responsive UIs
- Authentication scaffolding so you can get up and running quickly
- Automatic page updates so you don't have to worry about refreshing the page manually
Drawbacks of LaravelUI
LaravelUI is a great tool for quickly creating beautiful user interfaces. However, there are a few drawbacks to using it:
- You need to have some knowledge of Bootstrap and either Vue or React to use it effectively
- It can be difficult to customize the look and feel of your application if you're not familiar with these technologies
- If you're not careful, you can end up with a very complex user interface that is difficult to maintain
If you need to generate dynamic web pages on the fly, Jetstream is the package for you. Using Blade templates, Jetstream can easily create pages that are both fast and flexible.
It includes scaffolding for authentication, registration, password reset, two-factor authentication, and more.
Features of Jetstream
The main features of Jetstream include:
- Generate dynamic pages quickly and easily using Blade templates
- Flexible page layout so you can customize the look and feel of your application
- Scaffolding for authentication
Drawbacks of Jetstream
While Jetstream is a great tool for quickly generating dynamic pages, there are a few drawbacks to using it:
- The page layout can be inflexible if you need something specific
- It can be difficult to customize the look and feel of your application
Overall, Jetstream is a great package for quickly generating dynamic pages. However, if you need more flexibility or customization, you may want to consider another option.
Breeze is a great package for those who want to develop Laravel applications quickly. It provides features like pagination, scaffolding, and much more.
Features of Breeze
Breeze provides a number of features that make it easy to develop Laravel applications quickly. These include:
- Pagination: Breeze makes it easy to paginate data from your database. Simply specify the number of items per page and Breeze will do the rest.
- Scaffolding: Breeze can automatically generate scaffolding for your application. This means that you don't have to write any code to get started. Simply run the Breeze command and let it do its thing.
- Dynamic pages: Breeze makes it easy to generate dynamic pages. Simply specify the data you want to display on a page and Breeze will take care of the rest.
These are just some of the features that Breeze offers.
Drawbacks of Breeze
While Breeze is a great package for quickly developing Laravel applications, there are a few drawbacks to using it:
- Breeze can be difficult to customize. If you need something specific, you may have to write your own code.
- Breeze doesn't offer much in the way of documentation. This can make it difficult to use if you're not familiar with the package.
Overall, Breeze is a great tool for quickly developing Laravel applications. However, if you need more flexibility or customization, you may want to consider another option.
Fortify is a validation library that provides an easy way to validate data in your Laravel applications.
Features of Fortify
Fortify provides a number of features that make it easy to validate data in your Laravel applications. These include:
- Easy to use: Fortify is designed to be easy to use. Simply specify the rules you want to apply to your data and Fortify will do the rest.
- Customizable: Fortify is highly customizable. You can specify the error messages you want to display, and even customize the way data is validated.
- Fast: Fortify is fast. It uses a number of caching mechanisms to make sure that validation is as fast as possible.
These are just some of the features that Fortify offers. If you're looking for an easy way to validate data in your Laravel applications, Fortify is a great option.
Benefits of Fortify
Validation is a critical part of any web application. Without it, you run the risk of data corruption and inconsistency. Fortify provides an easy way to validate data in your Laravel applications, making it fast and easy to ensure that your data is consistent and accurate.
Drawbacks of Fortify
While Fortify is a great tool, it does have a few drawbacks. These include:
- It can be difficult to customize the validation rules
- The error messages can be difficult to understand
- The validation process can be slow if you have a lot of data
Overall, Fortify is a great package for those who want an easy way to validate their data.
Laravel UI vs Breeze
When it comes to first-party packages for Laravel, there are two main options: Laravel UI and Breeze. Both offer similar functionality, but there are some key differences between them.
Laravel UI is a package that provides the bare minimum you need to get started with Laravel. It includes some basic UI components but doesn't offer much in terms of features or customization.
Breeze, on the other hand, offers a lot more in terms of features and customization. It's a great option for those who want to quickly get up and running with Laravel. However, it doesn't offer as much in terms of UI components as Laravel UI does.
So, which one should you choose? It really depends on your needs.
- If you're looking for a quick way to get started with Laravel, Breeze is a great option.
- If you need more customization and control, Laravel UI is a better choice.
These are just some of the first-party packages available for Laravel. Each one offers different features and benefits, so it's important to choose the one that best suits your needs.
With these four packages at your disposal, there will be no stopping the power of Laravel! So what are you waiting for? Get started today and see how quickly you can build an amazing web app.
Do you have a favorite Laravel package? Share it with us in the comments! We're always looking for new ways to make our workflow more efficient.
Looking for more tips on Laravel? Check out our other blog post:
Top Tips for Using Laravel
This post shares our top tips for using Laravel to build web applications. We cover everything from choosing the right version of Laravel to using the correct tools for your project. If you're new to Laravel, this post is a great resource for getting started.